Entry-Level Staffing Recruiter
Essentials of Recruiting for the Staffing Industry, developed in collaboration with the American Staffing Association
This course prepares you for an exciting and rewarding career as an entry-level staffing recruiter. After completing this RightSkill course, you’ll be ready to leverage your newly acquired skills as an entry-level staffing recruiter to help companies with their most important asset – their people, and help people with one of the most important part of their lives – their career.
Job titles include entry level recruiter, associate recruiter, junior recruiter, associate talent acquisition specialist and junior talent acquisition specialist.
This course was developed in collaboration with the American Staffing Association.
Fundamentals of Recruiting for the Staffing Industry, developed in collaboration with the American Staffing Association, provides you with real-world examples and tips for industry experts to ensure you are equipped to take on the job responsibilities employers will expect.
To complete the course and become a RightSkill candidate, you must pass a series of mini-assessments to verify your skills.
Once you become a verified RightSkill candidate, we work with you to secure job interviews with employers in your area who are actively hiring.
Skills We Build, Assess and Verify
Working with urgency
Creating a talent pool
Making great matches
Closing the deal with candidates
Understanding the candidate, client and role
Setting expectations for success
- Introduction to Recruiting
- Understanding the role of a recruiter
- Introduction to the matchmaking process
- Taking a job order
- Creating a talent inventory
- Split desk vs. full desk
- Stair-step questioning
- Interpreting an employer’s hiring needs
- Contents of a work plan
- Writing a job posting
- Sourcing Candidates
- Building a talent inventory
- Reviewing resumes
- Generating referrals
- Dealing with rejection
- Screening Candidates
- Screening and interviewing
- Handling objections
- Having difficult conversations
- Assessing candidates for a cultural fit
- Documenting findings from candidate screening
- Checking references
- Defining a go-to market strategy
- Submitting Candidate to Client
- Coordinating interviews
- Placing assignments
- Onboarding a candidate
- Coaching, counseling and resolving conflicts
- A Day in the Life
- Understanding the recruiting environment
- Professional and career development
- ASA Membership and certification
- Preparing for the Job Interview
- Marketing yourself with a resume
- Thinking like a hiring manager
- Understanding the common verticals of the recruiting industry
- Interviewing tips
Get started on your new career path!
Find RightSkill opportunities in your area today!