Hire a Technical Support Specialist
This course prepares job seekers for roles like tier 1 support specialist, help desk technician and application support specialist.
Each RightSkill candidate will complete a series of projects to build a career portfolio that can be shared during interviews. This will include demonstrated technical support best practices and how to apply these to on the job scenarios.
To become a verified RightSkill candidate a job seeker must complete the Driving Customer Resolution through Quality Technical Support course by passing a comprehensive multiple-choice test to asses and verify their job-ready skills.
Once you hire one of our candidates, you’ll pay a fair RightSkill program fee and we’ll guarantee they have the skills to do the job. If our candidate does not meet your expectations within the first 30 days after hire we will replace them – at no charge.
Skills We Build, Assess and Verify
Interacting with customers including handling customer complaints
Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems
Managing cases using ticketing systems
Time and stress management
Basic computer hardware, software and network systems knowledge
- Interacting with customers
- The role of the Technical Support Representative (TSR)
- Communication skills for TSRs
- Communication in chat, phone, and email
- Addressing barriers to customer service
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems
- Exploring the TSR environment
- Techniques for troubleshooting issues
- Troubleshooting techniques: inside the four-step model
- Managing cases
- Tracking systems
- Using the CRM system to manage the case
- Computer and networking basics
- Network basics
- Basics of software and hardware management
- Access and account management
- Managing day-to-day activities
- A day in the life
- Assessing skills
- Managing stress
- Managing your career