Information Security for the IT Professional Course
This course prepares you for roles like information security specialist, cybersecurity specialist, information security administrator, information security analyst and IT specialist.
Information Security for the IT Professional is a self-paced course designed to be completed within 25 hours.
Information Security for the IT Professional was developed in collaboration with industry experts and provides you with real-world examples to ensure you are equipped to take on the job responsibilities employers will expect. Throughout the course you will complete a series of projects to build a career portfolio that can be shared during interviews
To complete the course and become a RightSkill candidate, you must pass a comprehensive multiple-choice test that will assess and verify your skills.
Once you become a verified RightSkill candidate, we work with you to secure job interviews with employers in your area who are actively hiring.
Skills We Build, Assess and Verify
Managing information security using the CIA Triad and the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting framework
Design and implementation of security policies
Change management processes
Identification of and countermeasures for common security threats
Network Security design and technology
Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
Ethical, legal and regulatory considerations for information security
- Fundamentals of Information Security
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA Triad) framework
- Implementing security policies
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) framework
- Security framework and design principles
- Managing Risk in Organizations
- Strategies for risk management
- Identifying, measuring and assessing risk
- Strategies for change management
- Security Threats and Technologies
- Basics of cryptography
- Data classification
- Uncovering common security threats
- Network Security
- Considerations for network security design
- Determining appropriate security controls using baselines
- Network security technology overview
- Administrative & Technical Security Controls
- Concepts and technologies of physical security
- Business continuity planning
- Disaster recovery best practices
- Security awareness and training
- Responding to incidents
- Security monitoring and auditing
- The Need for Information Security
- Understanding the need for information security
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Protecting private citizen information
Get started on your new career path!
Find RightSkill opportunities in your area today!