System and Network Administration
Fundamentals of Systems and Network Administration Course
This course prepares you for Tier 1 systems administration roles like network administrator, systems administrator, computer systems administrator and network and computer systems administrator.
Fundamentals of Systems and Network Administration is a self-paced course designed to be completed within 40 hours.
Fundamentals of Systems and Network Administration was developed in collaboration with industry experts and provides you with real-world examples to ensure you are equipped to take on job responsibilities employers will expect. Throughout the course you will complete a series of projects to build a career portfolio that can be shared during interviews.
To complete the course and become a RightSkill candidate, you must pass a comprehensive multiple-choice test that will assess and verify your skills.
Once you become a verified RightSkill candidate, we work with you to secure job interviews with employers in your area who are actively hiring.
Understanding the Tier 1 systems administration role in the enterprise
Common network topologies and protocols
Administering network infrastructure and architecture
Data flow in networks and the internet
Installing operating systems
Cloud services models, tools, and deployment processes
Troubleshooting, including command-line and GUI tools
Understanding and managing IP addresses, DHCP, and DNS components
Systems Security best practices
The role of the SysAdmin in disaster recovery
DevOps principles, culture, practices, and technology
- Foundations of Network Technology Architecture
- Overview of systems administrator role
- Foundations of Network Infrastructure and Architecture
- IP Classification and Subnetting
- Introduction to Network Devices
- Data Flow in Networks and Internet
- Wireless Technology
- Network Security
- Basic Troubleshooting Commands
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Overview of the Systems Administrator Role
- Computer Subsystems
- Introduction to Storage
- Operating System Installation and Cloud Computing
- Security and Installation
- Change Control Management
- Cloud Services
- Operating Systems
- Services in Operating Systems
- Manual IP Assignment
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- DNS Server Components and Configuration
- Understanding DNS Zones and DNS Caching
- Root Hints and DNS Forwarders
- DHCP and DNS Security
- Network Security
- Determining appropriate security controls using baselines
- Network security technology overview
- Remote access connection
- Utilizing firewalls as network security
- Fundamentals of IPS/IDS
- Fundamentals of DevOps
- What is the DevOps culture?
- DevOps best practices
- Understanding DevOps technology
Get started on your new career path!
Find RightSkill opportunities in your area today!